Working together to achieve success
AIM is proud to partner and support nonprofits and academic institutions, community groups, public health agencies, government, and corporate allies in the private sector to help achieve AIM’s mission of ridding the nation of vaccine-preventable disease.
AIM’s collaboration with partners on initiatives ensures the important perspectives and experience of AIM’s program managers are represented to help formulate sound national immunization policy.
Racial and Ethnic Approaches to Community Health (REACH) is a national program to reduce racial and ethnic health disparities administered by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). AIM is partnering with CDC to engage and support community organizations in their efforts to increase flu and COVID-19 vaccination in communities of color.
CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) provides advice and guidance on effective control of vaccine-preventable diseases in the U.S. civilian population. ACIP has work groups to help in the review of data and development of CDC recommendations. AIM members participate in work groups to represent health department immunization program needs and experience.
National Vaccine Advisory Committee (NVAC) makes recommendations to the Assistant Secretary for Health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services about the prevention of human infectious diseases through vaccine development and preventing adverse reactions to vaccines. The AIM liaison to NVAC participates as a non-voting member to represent immunization program managers’ viewpoint.
AIM leaders sit on the Board of Directors/Executive Committees of the following organizations:
AIM participates in coalitions, summits, and committees and work groups with the following organizations:
- 317 Coalition
- Adult Vaccines Access Coalition (AVAC)
- Families USA
- HIMSS Immunization Integration Program (IIP)
- Immunization Action Coalition (IAC)
- National Academy for State Health Policy (NASHP)
- National Adult Immunization Coordinators’ Partnership (NAICP)
- National Adult and Influenza Immunization Summit (NAIIS)
- National HPV Roundtable
- National Vaccine Advisory Committee (NVAC)
AIM contributes to projects with the following organizations:
- Association of State and Territorial Health Officials (ASTHO)
- Community COVID Coalition
- National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO)
- National Public Health Information Coalition (NPHIC)
- The Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security
- University of Texas at Austin
- University of Puerto Rico